11 months ago
General Manager / Sales manager
- Manage a £2m to £3m business unit in a mechanical engineering business
- Role would suit a Head of sales, Sales manager, Business Unit Manager or General Manager
- You must have mechanical engineering sales experience and a track record of growth in an engineering SME
- Very good job security : part of privately owned £12m profitable business, they supply mechanical capital equipment across multiple sectors (including food, pharma and animal feeds; all sectors that are doing well right now)
Incredibly exciting General Manager / Sales manager jobs role (manage a small team) with a market leading supplier of mechanical capital equipment.
General Manager / Sales manager job further data from kick off meeting with the MD:
- This is a Head of Sales / Business Unit Manager / General Manager sort of jobs role within the £1.5m to £2m business unit (but with scope to grow)
- So it’s capital equipment sales across a number of different industries
- Enquiry levels remain high
- The role is really autonomous, we want a Head of Sales / Business Unit Manager / General Manager to take this business unit and grow it.
- You will manage a small team of sales engineers (1 at present but with plans to expand it to a min of 3 in time)
- It’s a very wide ranging role that will include strategy development, sales and account management, team leadership, quality, customer support and working closely with production and engineering teams to ensure on time delivery etc.
- Customers are typically UK & Ireland with some limited international focus.
- We expect you to be in front of a customer 1 to 2 days per week. The rest of the time we do need you in Grantham to collaborate with engineering and lead the team (there may well be a bit of work from home flex)
Your background to be suitable for this General Manager / Sales manager jobs role
- You will need to have some engineering ability / background – more likely mechanical but full training will be provided technically. It’s capital equipment sales and there are some applications/sizing / costing and calculations required.
- Important point, this is not just a Sales Manager job where you sell the equipment and then pass things onto other departments – it’s a very holistic role and will suit someone who wants to really grab a business unit and grow it.
- You will definitely need that SME mentality and be customer / sales focused (whilst that wider operational business unit management experience is useful the primary mandate / lever to pull is sales)
- We don’t need industry overlap but you will need to be used to selling into the engineering / manufacturing worlds, be within 40 miles of Grantham and match the company culture and values (loyal, honest, conscientious, family focused and quite pragmatic).
- Loyalty is a core value, you will have demonstrated this with ‘length of tenure’ within an engineering SME (a stint of 5 + years in your recent career history)
- Salary TBC. Pension 6% from the business. BUPA. 3 x life insurance. 25 days hols + stat. Company Car.
This general manager / Sales Manager jobs role is based near Grantham. You may be located in the Nottingham, Lincoln, Newark, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Loughborough, Stamford, Peterborough, East Midlands, Nottinghamshire or Lincolnshire sort of regions
To apply please contact Edward Smith