5 months ago
- Leicestershire based food distribution business (wholesale and distribution)
- Highly profitable & professional business (they use SAP Business One)
- Chance to be a General Manager, Operations Manager or Senior Manager for a business targeting to get to £10m t/o
This job would suit someone who has been an Operations Manager, General Manager or maybe a Distribution Manager / Warehouse manager who wants to step up. You will be Leicestershire based (commutable to Loughborough) and ideally have that experience of wholesale, food distribution (or worked for an SME focused on distribution)
Are you seeking General Manager, Operations Manager or senior management jobs in the Loughborough, Nottingham, Derby, Long Eaton, Ashby, Leicestershire regions.
About you / Your background
- Within 25 miles approx. of Loughborough
- A rounded General Manager who is passionate about working in and improving SMEs
- Alternatively you could be a Logistics Manager, Warehouse Manager, Office Manager or Operations Manager who wants to run a business
- We are flexible on sector background. Ideally food wholesale / distribution but any sector where there is overlap (so distribution of products and an SME ethos)
- Someone who can see opportunities to streamline and make the operations more efficient
- Any experience of implementing or optimising a MRP / ERP system into an SME would be very beneficial – they have SAP but need to leverage it more
- We want someone who will treat the business as their own, really pushing to make sure changes are implemented and driven through
- A General Manager that really knows how to look after their people, and get the best out of them, whilst being commercially aware.
Some extra data on the General Manager role
- Overseeing all aspects of Operational and Business Performance.
- Implementing and improving processes and procedures.
- Capable of Championing and leading new project ideas.
- To actively encourage and manage the development of the staff through appraisal, review meetings, etc. to deliver the business objectives.
- Helping to formulate budgets, working within these budgets and reporting back variations.
- Providing detailed management information and productivity reports
- Ensuring you have the optimum, fully engaged resources with the right skills for the job. Heavy focus on understanding where gaps are and ensuring training, coaching and performance management in place to drive continuous improvement.
This General Manager jobs role is based near Loughborough, commutable from Loughborough, Nottingham, Derby, Long Eaton, Ashby, Leicestershire regions
To apply please email your CV to Edward Smith. Reference: ESGM9