Commensurate with Experience
6 months ago
Functional Safety Manager – Japan
- Functional Safety Manager, Functional Safety Consultant.
- World class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world to support vehicle manufacturers with cutting edge engineering expertise.
- Role can be offered on a permanent, fixed term or long-term contract basis (2 year contract).
- The role is based in Japan. You will be spending the first 3 months working within the UK team (based near Coventry – remote working available).
- Current location is not important – you just need to be able to be permanently located in Japan for a 18-24 month period. Occasional business trips back to the UK are expected. A permanent role in the UK team upon conclusion of the project in Japan is an option.
This Functional Safety Manager jobs role will suit:
- A Functional Safety Manager or Functional Safety Consultant with previous experience of working within an automotive vehicle manufacturer, tier 1 or 2 supplier, or technical consulting organisation.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of ISO26262.
- You will be capable of technically managing a small group of Engineers.
- You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, systems engineering, electrical engineering, electronic engineering or similar science based subject area.
This Functional Safety Manager jobs role will involve:
- Take a principal role in ISO 26262 functional safety management for a specific customer project based in Japan.
- Provide expert level consultancy in ISO 26262
- Establishing, promoting and maintaining a strong safety culture within customers.
- Process improvement, and targeted training and coaching for customer product development teams including integration with Agile approaches.
- Overall planning, coordination and monitoring progress of activities related to functional safety.
- Coordinate the functional safety team development and resourcing.
- Ownership and responsibility for successful assurance activities such as safety cases, process audit and product safety assessment, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
To apply please send your CV to Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.