£50,000 - £62,000
4 months ago
Functional Safety Consultant. Automotive / vehicle functional safety activities, ISO26262, FMEA, FTA, cyber security, reliability engineering projects. Functional safety role within an internationally recognised center of automotive engineering excellence, working with automotive OEMs, automotive tier 1 / 2, military and off-highway vehicle manufacturers.
Salary Range: £50,000 to £62,000 commensurate with experience, excellent pension contribution, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, bonus.
This Functional Safety Consultant job will suit:
- You are likely to have worked within a functional safety, systems engineering, electrical/electronic engineering or software engineering job.
- Experience within an automotive OEM, automotive tier 1 / tier 2, consulting, military vehicle or off-highway vehicle business is preferred. We are ideally looking for a candidate with a functional safety and automotive / vehicle engineering background.
- Experience of embedded systems engineering, particularly safety-related systems and associated standards (e.g. MISRA, ISO26262, IEC61508, ISO13849, ISO15998) is preferred.
- You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, electrical engineering, electronic engineering or similar science based subject area.
Job Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- You will be joining an internationally recognised automotive engineering organisation with ambitious domestic and international growth plans.
- A truly innovative, high tech, advanced engineering research and development business (operating in 40+countries – part of an £1 billion t/o group).
- Newly created job driven through strategic business expansion and company growth.
- Salary range of between £50,000 to £62,000 commensurate with experience, excellent pension contribution, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, bonus.
The job will involve:
- Take a principal role in executing functional safety activities for internal and external customers. Projects are likely to cover consultancy / engineering delivery within the areas of functional safety, systems engineering, reliability engineering or cyber security.
- Technical planning and management including verification and validation planning.
- Project management and technical decision making.
- Wider activities will include hazard identification and analysis, developing safety concepts, requirements and architecture, executing safety analyses (FMEA, FTA etc…).
This Functional Safety Consultant job is commutable from Coventry, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Birmingham, Leicester, Northampton, Tamworth, Solihull, Banbury.
To apply, please contact Charlotte Findell