DMK / 190619-113547-INDHP
over 1 year ago
Fabrication Manager, LE18, Wigston, Leicestershire
Fantastic opportunity to join a growing sheet metal fabrication business. Due to recent investment and a strong order book, we are seeking a production focused manager to lead a small fabrication team. This role will offer a high degree of freedom to implement your own ideas to help improve manufacturing processes and drive the function forward as growth continues. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to make a real impact and make a role your own.
Salary & Package: A flexible salary for the right person and what they can bring to the business. A dayshift based position, working 6:00am to 3:30pm Monday – Thursday, and 6:00am to 12:30pm on a Friday. 21 days holiday (+ bank holidays) that rises with service. Profit related bonus which regularly pays out. Regular pay reviews. Occasional free Pizza Fridays!
This job will suit:
- A hands on Manager who has ideally worked within a sheet metal fabrication environment. We could potentially look at someone from a precision engineering background with the right management qualities / approach to making production improvements as a whole.
- Man-management skills are essential for this position. Any previous duties such appraisals, training staff, and improving working culture would all be highly relevant.
- Someone who has potentially worked their way up from a Sheet Metal / Welding position up to Supervisor and is now looking for the next step in their career.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- A working environment that genuinely cares for their staff and wellbeing. A friendly, honest approach which has been a testament to their growth as a business. The management team frequently takes companywide feedback onboard to help make improvements – big or small – throughout the business.
- Opportunity to be a part of an exciting time within an established SME. The company has grown over the last 35 years to a headcount of c60 and look to expand even further, having recently invested over £1 million in a new laser alone. You have the chance to bring your own ideas and build a team moving forward. This is NOT a monotonous role.
- Sheet metal fabrication of high value, bespoke projects. Using exotic materials such as Titanium.
The job will involve:
- Managing and improving the fabrication department to ensure quality is high and production projects are achieved within a timely manner.
- Training staff and implementing new processes to improve productivity as a whole.
- Liaising with other Managers within the production process, working together to make new suggestions and help support the business.
- Identifying KPI’s and ensuring the team are working towards production targets.
This job is commutable from Leicester, Coalville, Hinckley, Coventry, Market Harborough, Lutterworth.
To apply please contact Dawn McKenna at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.
Reference: DMK / 190619-113547-INDHP