Salary TBC approx. Guide only
about 2 months ago
- Role would suit an Engineering manager from a mechanical engineering SME
- Very good job security: part of privately owned £15m profitable business, they supply mechanical equipment across multiple sectors (including food, pharma, recycling)
- Excellent CAPEX for automation projects / automating production
- Chance to become a Works Director / Operations Director / Site Director as part of a succession plan
Engineering manager further data from kick-off meeting with the MD:
- Created due to growth
- Chance to implement automation into an expanding engineering SME
- The reason for the role is to increase capacity. The business needs A) more factory space B) more automation C) more efficiency in manufacturing to allow increased output
- You will manage 3x Supervisors
- There are 60 to 70 (very approx.) heads that are involved in production
- It’s mechanical engineering, some CNC precision machining, assembly, manufacturing mechanical equipment (medium volume – NOT small components)
- Some parts of the factory are sleek, some are quite old school (it’s not all shiny and modern but they are getting there and are passionate about sustainable improvement projects – good CAPEX budget)
- They want to gather more shop floor data and increase the levels of professionalism. More traceability
- There will be a mix in this job of day to day production and then looking at improvement projects – getting more capacity by increased automation, lean manufacturing, new ways of working etc.
Your background to be suitable for this Engineering Manager jobs role
- Ideally some experience of machining. Certainly a mechanical engineering background
- Experience of assessing automating and automating production processes
- Technology savvy – keen to implement improvements into a business which will include increased shop floor data capture, better utilisation of MRP/ERP
- It’s NOT aerospace – this is a good business but a work in progress when it comes to lean and automated processes.
- It’s NOT “change everything overnight”… you will demonstrate patience and resilience
- They are NOT averse to change but you will need strength of character and an ability to influence internally (both shop floor and the wider management team)
- Within 40 miles of Grantham and match the company culture and values (loyal, honest, conscientious, family focused).
- Loyalty is a core value, you will have demonstrated this with ‘length of tenure’ within an engineering / manufacturing SME (a stint of 5 + years in your recent career history)
- Ambitious – there is really good scope and room to grow in this role. The factory is growing, the business is growing and there is succession potential to Works Director / Operations Director – so if you are loyal and committed you won’t need to move again!
- Salary TBC. Pension 6% from the business. BUPA. 3 x life insurance. 25 days hols + stat.
This Engineering Manager jobs role is based near Grantham. You may be located in the Nottingham, Lincoln, Newark, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Loughborough, Stamford, Peterborough, East Midlands, Nottinghamshire or Lincolnshire sort of regions (commutable to Grantham)
To apply please contact Edward Smith
Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.