Commensurate with Experience
11 months ago
Engineering Manager, Derbyshire
- Engineering Manager jobs role, Head of Engineering jobs role, Technical Manager, Chief Engineer jobs role.
- Newly created Engineering Manager role within a vehicle engineering business that has an iconic brand recognised globally.
- You will be joining a business that is undertaking a significant investment program to innovate and grow their product range.
- Fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Manager to lead, develop and grow a design and development function.
- Role would suit an Engineering Manager with an automotive or vehicle powertrain, chassis, electrical systems (whole vehicle appreciation).
- Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
This Engineering Manager job will suit:
- An Engineering Manager, Head of Engineering, Technical Manager, Chief Engineer with an automotive engineering / vehicle engineering design and development background.
- Specific experience of vehicle powertrain, chassis or vehicle electrical systems would be preferred.
- You will have a proven track record of managing multidiscipline engineering teams focused on taking products through design, development, test and into production.
- We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Chief Engineer, Head of Engineering that is an inspiring and passionate leader who can successfully build a high performing team and develop the people.
- You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, electrical/electronics engineering or similar engineering or science based discipline.
This Engineering Manager job will have the following responsibilities:
- This is a newly created position for an Engineering Manager to support a business undertaking a major investment program to innovate and grow their product range, increase quality, and develop their people.
- You will lead, develop and grow an Engineering design and development team working at the forefront of vehicle powertrain, chassis and electrical systems engineering – current team headcount is roughly 10 with plans to more than double the size of the team (could be roughly 30 to 40 people).
- You will have responsibility for taking engineering projects from concept through to production.
- Produce and manage project timelines working closely with the Senior Management Team and Principal Engineers.
- Oversee and manage the benchmarking of competitor vehicles.
- Ensure the design ethos is carried right the way through the production process.
- Optimise department processes and systems to develop a world class way of working.
This Engineering Manager job is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Tamworth, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Uttoxeter, Hinckley, Melton Mowbray, Mansfield.
To apply please contact Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.