£70-75k + car/allowance and management bonus
3 months ago
Engineering Director Product Design
- Working closely with the MD & Sales Team to understand what customers want.
- Product development strategy, technology roadmap & requirements capture, communicating a clear direction to the engineering team.
- Managing a small design engineering team including mechanical, electrical and software, each with a very capable team leader.
- Eligibility for SC Clearance is essential.
- Chartered Engineer or similar level.
Salary & Package: £75,000 - £80,000 salary plus car and bonus
This Engineering Director job needs:
- The ability to provide direction, make decisions and communicate a clear message across the engineering teams.
- The technical and engineering knowledge enabling the Engineering Director to take an overview of Electro’, Software and Mechanical functions.
- The eligibility for SC clearance is essential.
- A Chartered Engineer or similar level.
The Engineering Director job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Well established brand, specialist product designed and manufactured in-house. The product uses new technologies in order to remain innovative.
- The equipment is designed to increase the safety of personnel serving in high risk situations.
- Privately owned business.
The Engineering Director job will involve:
- This is a senior leadership role reporting to and working closely with the Managing Director.
- Leadership, continuous improvement and development of the engineering team and processes.
- Project Management of new product development, this will be a continuous process “requirements capture” and NPI.
- Some travel overseas is likely.
This job is commutable from Dorchester, Southampton, Bournemouth, Poole, Ringwood, Weymouth, Christchurch, Yeovil, Fareham, Salisbury.