£30,000 - £35,000
27 days ago
Engineering Buyer, Leicestershire
- Technical Buyer, Engineering Buyer, Purchasing jobs, Buyer jobs.
- Successful multi-national engineering / manufacturing organisation with offices in the UK, US and China.
- Technical Buyer role focused on sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials, components and services within an engineering / manufacturing business.
- Role would suit a Buyer with a good level of engineering knowledge and understanding.
- £30K - £35K salary range + bonus + company pension + early finish on a Friday!
Engineering Buyer position with a successful manufacturer of products supplied in the UK and European Construction and Agricultural vehicle markets. The business is based in North West Leicestershire with a turnover of £12m and a dedicated team of 60 people.
A fantastic opportunity to join a purchasing and supply chain team within the role of Technical Buyer. This is a key role in the organisation to ensure the timely procurement of goods, materials, components and services to meet operational requirements and manufacturing timing plans.
This Engineering Buyer job will suit:
- A Buyer or Technical Buyer or Engineering Buyer accustomed to purchasing and procurement processes within an engineering / manufacturing business.
- We are looking for a Technical Buyer with a good level of engineering knowledge and understanding e.g. you will be able to understand and interpret an engineering drawing / technical specification.
- Excellent IT skills – advanced Excel skills for data analysis and producing spreadsheets; experience of using EPR / MRP systems.
- You are likely to hold a relevant qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in a business or engineering or manufacturing discipline.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) would be beneficial.
The Engineering Buyer job will involve:
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials, components and services to meet operational requirements and manufacturing timing plans.
- Procurement of goods, materials and services with a focus on price, quality, delivery and continuity of supply.
- Strong link to engineering – you will take a design specification and translate into a technical, supplier RFQ.
- Work in close partnership with Engineering; Quality; Material Control teams to ensure quality, consistent supply, stock levels are all maintained as required.
- Negotiate contracts; improve prices and terms of business whilst developing strong relationships with suppliers through the application of best practice tools and methods.
The Engineering Buyer job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- A stable, well-run and successful multi-national engineering / manufacturing organisation with offices and manufacturing plants in UK, US and China.
- They have been a growing business over the last 5 years and are continuing to secure new contracts in new markets.
- Salary commensurate with experience (£30K - £35K as a guide); profit related bonus, company pension and an early finish on a Friday!
This Engineering Buyer job is commutable from Coalville, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Tamworth, Hinckley, Market Bosworth, Leicester, Loughborough, Derby, Long Eaton and the surrounding areas.
To apply please send your CV to Danny Turnock at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.