6 months ago
Electrical Principal Engineer, B7 – Birmingham. Evolving and expanding Rail focused integration company. Focusing on Turnkey project with full responsibility of a project from concept, through to design/engineering, procurement and fitting. Delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock within the rail industry.
Environment, opportunities and rewards:
- This position can be either permanent or contract. With a starting salary within the £60,000 - £65,000 range and excellent hourly rates of up to £60.
- Exciting new projects taking place that this position will be a key part of.
- Fantastic career progression opportunities, company pension and private healthcare cover.
- Modern, open planned offices with on-site parking.
The Electrical Principal Engineer job will involve:
- Responsible for delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock.
- Undertaking the engineering required to integrate technology enhancements onto existing rolling stock under turnkey projects. Extending from contract award, design, material procurement and installation.
- Supporting the head of engineering technical and project manager by managing engineering solutions.
- Produce non-drawing technical documentation associated with a project and support the design team in the production of engineering drawings – Electrical bias.
- Identify and specify components and provide technical support to the procurement team, undertake vehicle surveys and liaise with customers/suppliers.
The Electrical Principal Engineer job suit:
- Experienced Lead/Principal/Senior electrical engineers withy strong and relevant experience within rail traction and rolling stock.
- Ideally you will be degree qualified within an Electrical/Electronic or similar Engineering discipline.
- A good understanding/background within the rail industry.
- An individual with an understanding of ex-British Rail rolling stock systems such as brakes, traction and sanding systems etc.