about 1 month ago
Electrical Applications Engineer jobs role. Bespoke electrical test and process control products used within automotive manufacturing and similar advanced technology sectors. Central Birmingham location. Early finish on a Friday!
Are you an Electrical Engineer / Electronic Engineer / Control Engineer with experience of working in a practical process control and/or automation environment seeking engineering jobs in Birmingham?
This Electrical Engineer / Electronic Engineer role will suit:
- An Electrical Engineer / Electronic Engineer / Control Engineer with experience of working in a practical process control and/or automation environment.
- An Engineer with an understanding of the fundamentals of programming, logic and process control e.g. basic control programming experience (VBA, IsaGraf, PLC Logic Control).
- Be able to create and write specifications for new applications or make modifications to existing applications.
- Any experience of electronic device selection and configuration, schematic layout, PC builds and application configuration is beneficial but not absolutely essential.
Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- Engineering business with a strong reputation in the automotive manufacturing and product testing sectors for developing and manufacturing bespoke electrical test, process control, and Internet of Things applications.
- The company has experienced significant growth in the last 5 years with their turnover more than tripling.
- Salary commensurate with experience, plus company pension, early finish on a Friday!
The Electrical Engineer / Electronic Engineer role will involve:
- The role will involve all phases of a project life cycle from quotation and requirements support, through to specification, design and implementation to documentation, installation, commissioning, handover and support.
- A significant amount of time will be spent working on the development and deployment of assembly and test systems.
- Development will be with Windows PC and micro-controller systems using a variety of scripting and process control languages.
- Working with and testing electrical and electronic systems and components.
- Interfacing using analogue and digital I/O as well as communications such as CAN and LIN, TCP/IP, USB and RS232.
This Electrical Applications Engineer position is commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Stourbridge, Kidderminster, Tamworth, Lichfield, Solihull, Coventry, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Walsall, Cannock