£45,000 - £55,000
over 2 years ago
Design Manager / Temporary Works Design Manager jobs role. Leadership and management of a small temporary works design engineering team within a growing organisation. An opportunity to grasp responsibility for the technical delivery of projects and shape a design team.
Are you a Design Manager, Design Team Leader, Temporary Works Design Manager seeking design management / engineering management jobs in Bristol?
This Design Manager job will suit:
- A Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer or Mechanical Engineer with a temporary works design or structural engineering design background.
- We are seeking a candidate that will enjoy taking responsibility for the technical delivery of projects, leading a developing a small team and shaping the way the team / department works.
- You will be an articulate and effective communicator to enable you to lead and develop your team and build strong working relationships across the business and with customers.
- You will be degree qualified in a Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline. You will ideally be working towards or already achieved Chartered Engineer status (IMechE, MICE, MIStructE).
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- The company are a specialist business within superstructure temporary works, they offer both a design and installation service.
- Their key markets are the Construction, Civil Engineering and Rail sectors often providing solutions to projects that nobody else within the same markets are able to provide.
- 80% of their work is based on repeat business or referrals and their customers include some of the largest blue chip organisations within their respected sectors.
- This is a newly created role within a growing organisation that is passionate about developing its own talent.
- Company headcount is roughly 20 people, £2m t/o with lots of growth opportunities in front of them.
- £45,000 to £55,000 plus company car or car allowance, company bonus, company pension contribution, mobile telephone, laptop and iPad.
The Design Manager job will involve:
- Newly created role to lead and grow the technical / design department, responsible for managing the existing team and recruiting further team members as the business continues to grow.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of temporary works design projects including some hands on design responsibility.
- Customer technical focal point - ensure design briefs and programmes of work are suitable.
- Shape design / department processes to drive speed of delivery and future repeatability of best practice.
- Drive KPI’s, foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement, mentor engineers.
To apply please contact Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd