over 1 year ago
date to suit
Design for Manufacture Development Engineer
Mechanical. Small Batch.
St Albans, Hertfordshire
£45-50,000 + pension + healthcare
Design for Manufacture, product improvement and drawing control are key duties. This Product Development role is with a low volume, small batch manufacturing business which designs and manufactures inhouse. The Product Development Engineer will work with colleagues in design and in manufacturing to look at the design for manufacture issues of new designs, new products, and to trouble shoot or improve existing components which cause problems or delays in the manufacturing process.
Salary & Package: ££45,000-£50,000 + private healthcare, pension
This job will suit:
- Qualified engineer with 2D and 3D Cad skills (Inventor / AutoCAD ideally).
- Career experience involving DFM Design For Manufacture or an understanding of manufacturing methods, jigs & fixtures, tooling and production process improvement based around components and assembly processes.
- The products and components are manufactured and assembled in low to medium volume, involving manual and semi-manual processes. Metal and plastic components, fabrications, joining techniques, light machining, laser cutting could be useful backgrounds.
- Metal and plastic components are sourced from suppliers so some supplier development or external facing experience would be good.
- The role will manage one or two people so some supervisory skills would be helpful.
- This role will contribute to the management team.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Established, professional company with a first class reputation in their market for 30 years of trading.
- Friendly culture, with team ethics, flexibility and company reputation placed high on the management agenda.
- High quality product, market leading in their niche, supplying specialist products to high profile building and refurbishment projects.
Commutable from: St Albans, Hertfordshire, Watford, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Hemel Hempstead.
To apply please send your CV: Ian Yoxen Euro Projects Recruitment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies www.europrojects.co.uk