£30,000 - £35,000
9 days ago
Design Engineer, Jobs role. Opportunity for a Design Engineer/ CAD Engineer/ Product Engineer to join a growing, multi-site manufacturing company producing a range of innovative products for the healthcare sector.
Salary Guideline: £30,000 - £35,000 Commensurate with experience + Benefits.
This job will suit:
- A Design Engineer or Product designer with good experience in product design and a sound understanding of engineering principles.
- Fully conversant with 3D CAD software, ideally SolidWorks.
- Able to create detailed 2D drawings ready for manufacture.
- Experience of a variety of manufacturing methods – including metal machining/fabrication, injection molding or assembly.
- Ability to take a concept/problem and develop a working, engineered solution on CAD that can be manufactured.
- You will ideally be degree qualified in mechanical engineering, product design engineering, industrial design or similar discipline.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- £12m turnover manufacturing business with established multiple product lines and strategic plans to grow to £20m turnover
- Manufacturing processes involves a mixture of light fabrication and assembly, vacuum forming, tube bending and hand sewing
- ISO 9001 accredited business
The job will involve:
- Managing development projects from concept through to production either individually or as part of a team.
- Interpret written product design specifications into design drawings, taking into account the company standards to produce a product component assembly design.
- Consult with the production engineering department to further develop design for production.
- Testing of products and components that you have designed, using facilities available to the department.
- Some customer site visits throughout the UK and overseas, as appropriate.
This job is commutable from Hereford, Gloucester, Worcester and surrounding areas.
To apply, please contact Jack Ludford