£ Competitive Salary
about 1 month ago
Design Engineer jobs role. Special purpose machinery design. Range of products. Flexible working hours, 2pm finish on Friday. Role would a Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer / Product Design Engineer with previous experience of designing mechanical or electro mechanical systems, equipment, machinery or similar.
Salary Guideline: £30K - £40K dependent upon experience, 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, 2pm finish on a Friday!
This Mechanical Design Engineer job will suit:
- A Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer / Product Development Engineer with previous experience of designing mechanical or electro mechanical systems, equipment, machinery or similar.
- Experience of producing 3D CAD designs and detailed engineering drawings. The company use Inventor but experience of using another CAD package is absolutely fine e.g. SolidWorks, Creo etc…
- Any exposure to the design of rotating equipment, special purpose machinery or similar equipment would be beneficial but a solid mechanical engineering background is what we are looking for.
- You are likely to hold a relevant qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in a mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
The jobs working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- Privately owned, established UK engineering business, £20m t/o, 160 headcount.
- Design, development and manufacture of special purpose machinery used within packaging, food, beverage and similar sectors.
- Global market leader, the business invests heavily in product development to remain at the forefront of their industry.
- Salary guideline: £30K - £40K dependent upon experience, 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, 2pm finish on a Friday!
The Design Engineer job will involve:
- Conceptual 3D CAD and detailed design and development of special purpose machinery – machines range from 1.3m wide to 11m wide.
- Design for manufacture and assembly.
- Structural and dynamics analysis of machine performance.
- Development of test plans and procedures.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders e.g. production, service, sales teams and suppliers.
This Design Engineer job is commutable from Bedford, Milton Keynes, Luton, Wellingborough, Northampton, Huntingdon, Hitchin, Bletchley.
To apply, please contact Charlotte Findell