ML- EPR 161055
over 1 year ago
Design Engineer, Stamford.
Design Engineer with sheet metal experience to join a forward thinking engineering business that forms part of a group of innovative companies. You will get to play a key part of the engineering team.
This Mechanical Design Engineer requirements are:
- Strong mechanical engineering background
- 3D CAD experience ideally Creo but SolidWorks or Inventor exposure would be fine
- Proven ability to provide ideas and creative solutions to design problems.
- Sheet Metal / Fabrication background (metal)
- We are looking for a mechanical engineer who can demonstrate the ability to solve engineering problems and communicate well across an engineering / manufacturing organisation.
- You are likely to hold a relevant qualification (HNC, HND, Degree) in a mechanical engineering or similar engineering based discipline
Mechanical Design Engineer Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- Highly profitable company who are part of a group of innovative manufacturing companies
- Market leader in their industry for what they offer
- Be an important member of the engineering team with opportunity to progress
- A Chairman who is entrepreneurial and open to interesting new ideas, product innovation and driving business growth
The Mechanical Design Engineer job will involve:
- Interpreting design briefs and providing creative solutions to design problems.
- Ownership of design projects from start to finish
- Creating detail drawings for manufacture for a range of machined and fabricated parts.
- Taking products through the design process from conception all the way to production.
- Liaising with suppliers to source parts and in house manufacturing during production as well as interaction with the sales department.
- Creating and updating bills of materials.
- Keeping design technical files up to date.
- Potential to lead a small team on a new product in the near future
Reference: ML- EPR 161055
This Mechanical Design Engineer job is commutable from Stamford, Peterborough, Bourne, Spalding, Grantham, Lincolnshire and surrounding areas