£20:00 per hour PAYE
8 months ago
Contract Automotive Test Engineer, Hinckley
- Contract Automotive Test Engineer role working within a R&D workshop of a global automotive OEM.
- 12 month contract – March 2021 – Feb 2022.
- Test Engineer role focused on a vehicle type approval / homologation engineering project.
- £20:00 per hour contract rate on a PAYE basis.
As a Test Engineer you will be working within an automotive / vehicle testing environment on a vehicle type approval / homologation engineering project. You will be working within a small friendly team of engineers and technicians so we are looking for a candidate that does not mind being ‘hands on’ / ‘practical’ too if required.
This Contract Automotive Test Engineer job will suit:
- Technical Skills - Good understanding of vehicle components and systems.
- Organised - Expected to handle data and files efficiently.
- Good communication skills - ensuring messages are clear, some communication with non-native English speakers is expected.
- Flexible - open to carrying out office based tasks and workshop based tasks.
- You will hold a recognised qualification (Degree/HND/HNC) in an automotive engineering, mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience of working in an automotive research, development or test environment is preferred, any specific homologation or certification experience is advantageous.
This Contract Automotive Test Engineer job will involve:
The position is to support a small R&D team, reporting to a Senior Engineer, to plan and perform automotive homologation tests. Responsibilities will vary based on workload in different areas but would cover the following:
- Supporting the planning and coordination of test projects.
- Preparing test requirements for activities performed by external facilities.
- Preparing and performing tests internally where required.
- Performing test data quality checks.
- Reporting summaries to senior engineers.
- Sharing data with all stakeholders.
- Completing test reports.
- Supporting workshop activities, e.g. preparing vehicles for test etc…
- Test and H&S procedure updates.
To apply please send your CV to Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.