Salary TBC approx. Guide only
10 months ago
Continuous Improvement Manager
- CI Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager jobs role Nottingham Derby Loughborough region
- Mechanical precision components into Medical and pharma manufacturing / engineering
- Fantastic growth and stability – chance to work in medical / pharmaceutical manufacturing
Are you a CI Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager or Lean manufacturing engineer who is seeking a chance to work in medical pharmaceutical manufacturing? This Continuous Improvement Manager jobs role would suit someone from aerospace or similarly regulated industries (mechanical engineering) who wants to have fantastic security, growth and challenge in their career.
Are you seeking CI Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager jobs or lean jobs in the Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Leicester, Ashby, Mansfield, Chesterfield region? We are flexible on your background as long as you combine a pragmatic CI mindset plus some H&S experience
- You MUST have experience of mechanical engineering (some sort of CNC, punch, press, CNC, EDM, tooling, CAD CAM etc. would be beneficial but any mechanical manufacturing is fine)
- This will be gained within highly regulated sectors (aerospace, oil and gas, nuclear, medical, pharmaceutical – ideally high volume mechanical component manufacture)
- Health and Safety is a part of this role – you will need to have had strong H&S exposure and be happy with this being part of your remit to improve
- You MUST be able to drive improvements with shop floor processes (this might be lean,5S, CI projects or H&S projects) but this is NOT managing a large team ; it’s driving improvements with shop floor processes and people
- Ideally degree educated and wanting to work for an expanding medical engineering business
- You will have some H&S experience – there are no glaring H&S issues but you will still be the main H&S person on site (so an interest in this area and a good base level will be required)
- 150 to 200 headcount business so an SME mentality in terms of being a ‘doer’
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead waste and defect reduction activities in a high precision engineering environment using Lean tools including Error Proofing / SMED / 6S etc
- Ensure business compliance with HS&E legislation.
- Resolve problems at pace with structured problem resolution and root cause analysis tools and techniques, such as: 3C / 8D / 5 Why / Ishikawa
- Manage the business Health and Safety system.
- Prepare risk assessments for all areas of the Business.
- Lead improvement activity to reduce HS&E risks.
- Implementation of Health and Safety related corrective actions.
- Improve manufacturing process capability through application of sound engineering principles (e.g. SPC)
- Eliminate non-value added activities to reduce lead times
- Lead by example, using best practice problem resolution approaches to upskill the wider workforce
This CI Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager jobs role is based near Nottingham commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Long Eaton, Leicester, Loughborough, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Burton on Trent, Ashby, Melbourne,
REF : ESCI