£50,000 - £60,000
11 months ago
Commercial Manager, Automotive, B69, Birmingham, West Midlands
(Automotive background essential)
Commercial Manager, Sales Manager, Key Account Manager to join a well-established, global business, you will be responsible for nurturing and managing key clients within Tier 1 automotive suppliers. You will have the ability to work with both design and engineering to ensure budgets/forecasts/quotes and client requests are met. Coming from an environment involving steel or metal based products, tubing, would be a distinct advantage.
Excellent package, Basic Salary + Bonus + Car
This job will suit:
- Experience in a senior sales or commercial role. You may have been a Sales Manager, Commercial Manager, Key Account Manager or similar.
- Ideally selling to or managing customer accounts in the Automotive sector, looking after an OEM or Tier 1 customer base.
- Commercial responsibility for such programmes as L551, L663, or L593 or similar would be a distinct advantage.
- Some knowledge of Budgeting, Forecasting and RFQ’s. This is NOT a new business development role, the company has a dedicated function for this.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and deliver with a high energy and hands on approach.
- This role will involve you nurturing and developing long term relationships as well as identifying opportunities for growth and improvement.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- £20m t/o business (approx.) with large scale CAPEX plans, investment and growth
- Backing of a multi-billion pound group of companies but the chance to really make a difference and drive growth within a medium sized business
- The company already has excellent relationships with automotive OEMs but there is lots of scope and potential to grow these accounts and develop new automotive OEM relationships
- The business supply a precision engineered solution (mechanical / steel / plastics)
- The culture is one of passion, innovation, enthusiasm and an eagerness to drive growth.
The job will involve:
- Focusing on managing and developing relationships with key automotive customers. Involved with queries and occasional visits to site to enable a strong partnership.
- Identify and develop sales strategy to continue sales growth within current accounts.
- Establish sales forecasting and budgeting models.
- Working with senior level clients, able to develop and nurture relationships.
- Working as part of the senior management team and having a key influence on the overall strategy for the business as it continues to move forward.
This job is commutable from Birmingham, Telford, Coventry, Cannock, Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas in the West Midlands.
To apply please contact Dawn Mckenna at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job. INDHP