from £75k base
18 days ago
Commercial Director, Derbyshire, £12m t/over.
The role will combine contract management, managing suppliers, business planning and financial management of a £12m t/over SME. The business provides industrial services, B2B, to manufacturing, construction, packaging and industrial sectors.
Package: salary guideline £80,000 plus bonus.
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- This is a fast moving business sector where a reputation for being on time, keeping your promises and being trustworthy are important assets.
- A friendly, hardworking team who thrive on the energy and buzz of a fast moving industry.
- Privately owned company.
- The team places high-value on its customer relationships and sets high standards for customer service.
The job will involve:
- Manage financial forecasting and cashflow. Briefing the MD, so strategic and operational decisions can be made quickly. Manage the finance team.
- Manage margin and pricing to ensure that the business avoids low margin / high risk orders.
- Drive the key-behaviors of the business model; on-time delivery/collections and on time payment of suppliers.
- Work with the MD to put together business plans.
- Attend sales meetings / supplier meetings with the MD, and create the business contracts with suppliers and customers. These contracts need to be simple, flexible and without complex penalties etc.
This job will suit:
- A person that has a mix of commercial experience in sales, finance, supplier management.
- A person with experience of working in the senior management team of an SME.
- Someone that has worked as the MD or General Manager of an SME could be a good fit. We need a blend of sales, finance, and supplier management skills.
To apply please contact Ian Yoxen by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is commutable from Ilkeston, Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Loughborough, Chesterfield and surrounding areas.