about 1 year ago
CNC Programmer, WS3, Walsall, West Midlands
Varied position which will see you work on a variety of small batch projects. No day is the same and you will use a variety of programming skills. Opportunity to earn a significant amount of total earnings through overtime prospects.
Salary & Package: Flexible basic hourly rate to suit your level of experience. Working hours as standard are from 7am – 5:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 7am – 2:00pm on a Friday. This is comprised of a 40 hour working week + 7 hours overtime (at 1.33x standard rate).
This job will suit:
- A proven CNC Programmer with experience of creating programs for Fanuc based controls.
- Some form of CAD CAM experience, the company specifically uses OneCNC but we are relatively flexible on this if you have used another package, e.g EdgeCAM, MasterCAM etc.
- Ideally have worked on both CNC milling and turning machines. It isn’t essential to have both but would be an advantage if so.
The job will involve:
- Programming, setting, and operating 4 axis CNC machines – either milling or turning or ideally both depending on your experience.
- Using CAD CAM software (OneCNC) to produce programs for Fanuc controls.
- Low batch, high volume work. There will be a great opportunity to develop your programming skills further on interesting and complex projects.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Well established SME who predominantly manufacture precision components for the Oil & Gas sector.
- Friendly company culture with excellent tenure across the business, a number of employees have been there for over 15 years!
- Significant growth plans forecasted. The new management team have a clear vision to double turnover across the next couple of years.
This job is commutable from Walsall, West Bromwich, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Lichfield.