Commensurate with Experience
6 months ago
Chief Powertrain Engineer, Derbyshire
- Chief Powertrain Engineer jobs role, Principal Powertrain Engineer jobs role.
- Newly created Chief Engineer role within a vehicle engineering business that has an iconic brand recognised globally.
- You will be joining a business that is undertaking a significant investment program to innovate and grow their product range.
- Fantastic opportunity for a Chief Powertrain Engineer to lead and develop the powertrain engineering activities of an automotive engineering business.
- Role would suit a Chief Engineer or Principal Engineer with an automotive or vehicle powertrain engineering background.
- Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits package.
This Chief Powertrain Engineer job will suit:
- A Chief Engineer or Principal Engineer or Senior Engineer with an automotive engineering / vehicle engineering powertrain design and development background.
- You will have a proven track record of vehicle powertrain design and taking projects through design, development, test and into production.
- We are looking for a Chief Engineer or Principal Engineer that is passionate about what they do and can inspire, build and develop a high performing team.
- You are likely to be degree qualified in a mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or motorsport engineering or similar engineering or science based discipline.
This Chief Powertrain Engineer job will have the following responsibilities:
- This is a newly created position for a Chief Powertrain Engineer to manage and oversee all powertrain design and development elements of vehicle engineering projects.
- You will oversee the delivery of all powertrain projects including new platforms and support for existing powertrains.
- Lead and develop a powertrain engineering team – current team headcount is 2 people with plans to grow the team.
- You will have responsibility for taking powertrain design and development projects from concept through to production and initially you will be ‘hands on’ with respect to design and development.
- Production and management of project timelines.
- Oversee and manage benchmarking of competitor vehicles.
- Management of powertrain specific design reviews.
This Chief Powertrain Engineer job is commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Tamworth, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Uttoxeter, Hinckley, Melton Mowbray, Mansfield.
To apply please contact Luke Smith at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.