£46,000, depending on experience
about 1 year ago
by agreement / asap
Chemical Process Engineer - OX12, Wantage, Oxford
·Degree qualified Process Engineer to support New Product Introductions, Process Improvements and Statistical Process Control.
·in-production quality and non-conformance issues, doing Root Cause investigations and proposing solutions.
·work with different departments – R&D for new products or Engineering and Maintenance for any equipment issues.
Salary & Package: around £46,000, depending on experience. Working for an “employer of choice” with staff turnover below average and a good range of benefits including a pension scheme and free private health cover.
This job will suit:
·Degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Engineering / Manufacturing / Chemical / Physics or similar Technical discipline.
·Minimum 3 years’ experience working within advanced manufacturing environment.
·Experience of Statistical Process Control or analysing large data sets.
·Significant experience with quality and process improvement tools – Sig Sigma, Root Cause, Lean.
·Excellent communication skills comfortable with working at all levels.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
·Friendly, open and supportive company culture.
·Proactive company culture, with the infrastructure to develop people
·Diverse customer base, specialist manufacturing to advanced engineering sectors
·The company develops their own technology and has a worldwide reputation in their product niches
The job will involve:
- Leading multi-functional projects/teams to determine root cause and then implement product/process improvements to resolve the complaint/quality issue.
- Supporting new product introduction or process/material change. This will involve process risk assessment, D/PFMEA, control plans.
- Gathering and analysing data to assess and improve product and process capability.
- For installation of new processes (major Capital investments, product transfers, etc.) deliver the new processes into production via validation of the new equipment/processes and associated implementation actions.
- Design and implement improvement programs using advanced continuous improvement techniques (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc.) leading to improvements in key KPI’s (Efficiency, Yield Loss, Lead Time. Etc).
This job is commutable from Oxford, Swindon, Witney, Didcot, Abingdon and surrounding Oxfordshire areas.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”