£ Competitive Salary
over 2 years ago
Buyer, Purchasing Coordinator, Procurement Engineer, Procurement Analyst, Supplier Quality role, Multinational Automotive Engineering business, excellent opportunity for a technical / Customer focused professional to take a step into Procurement getting involved on automotive engineering projects.
Do you have a background working within mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, automotive engineering with some exposure to procurement. This role will involve the relationship management of key suppliers to an Automotive Engineering business. You will be working for a dynamic, highly innovative automotive engineering SME who have a methodical and well-structured processes in place.
This job will suit:
- Procurement Engineer, Procurement Analyst, Supplier Quality or experience in a similar role. Knowledge of the procurement & manufacturing processes.
- Someone from a technical / engineering / manufacturing environment is ideal (Automotive is highly beneficial) but used to following processes and systems.
- Excellent communication skills – we want someone who is able to build strong relationships with their suppliers
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Brand new purpose built facility.
- Stable growing business - The staff, along with being friendly, have good length of tenure – a lot have completed 10 + years within the business.
- Due to the varied nature of the business, your job will be diverse, interesting and stimulating. No two days are the same!
- Excellent starting salary and overall package.
The job will involve:
- To improve the companies supplier engagement – building strong relationships with their current supplier base.
- Not a massive amount of approved suppliers (Roughly 10 Key suppliers), more about quality of relationship rather than about costing down activity.
- Because of the nature of the industry projects can last for 5+ years, a lot of detail, structure and processes to follow – it is NOT a job where we want someone doing lots of negotiations and change.
- You will get chance to visit suppliers who are based across Europe & UK – not a huge amount but a short trip every now and then.
This job is commutable from Mansfield, Nottingham, Kirkby in Ashfield, Hucknall, Ripley, Newark-on-Trent, Chesterfield and the surrounding areas.
To apply please contact Danny Turnock at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd