Newark on Trent
about 1 year ago
Buyer / Purchasing Manager - NG24 Newark, Nottingham
Buyer / Purchasing Manager to lead the procurement function for an SME manufacturing business. Managing a small team, the Procurement Manager will source, purchase, negotiate with suppliers and manage a parts inventory. The Purchasing Manager will also be responsible for a small team of storeroom personnel to develop and implement a stores plan to maximize efficiency.
You may have CIPS type of qualification but not a necessity. A strong background in purchasing and inventory management within an SME Manufacturing environment is essential. Knowledge and experience of using SAP including MRP is also essential.
A fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to have real ownership and impact in an already successful and growing SME.
This job will suit:
- A Purchasing Manager or Buyer looking for a dynamic role within a SME business.
- Experience working within an SME manufacturing business
- Proficient user of SAP / MRP (raising purchase orders, stock enquires, reporting)
- Strong negotiation skills.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- 55 headcount
- Good starting salary and benefits.
The job will involve:
- Sourcing, purchasing, negotiating with suppliers and managing inventory of parts and materials
- Supervise a small team of Stores personnel,
- Close working relationship with development, production and sales teams to help source materials and ensure demands are met on time.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, purchasing, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
This Purchasing / Stores Manager jobs role is based in Newark, commutable from Mansfield, Nottingham, Lincoln, Grantham, Worksop.
To apply please contact Dawn Conway at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd INDHP