Salary TBC approx. Guide
about 1 year ago
Business Development Director
- Business Development Director / Sales Director jobs role
- Profitable Technology & engineering SME £7m t/o
- Opportunity to have shares / MBO / ownership
- Newly created Business Development Director / Sales Director jobs role
- £90,000 - £110,000 + profit related bonus (this is a v.approx. guide).
- Shares / ownership / MBO
Are you an entrepreneurial, driven, technology focused Business development Director, Sales Director or Sales & Marketing Director? Are you seeking a technology focused SME who are investing, growing and remain very profitable? We are open to looking at candidates who are ready to make that step up into a Director level position who are ambitious, entrepreneurial and driven.
Incredibly exciting Business Development Director / Sales Director jobs role. Technology SME, £7m t/o. They have IP with their product which has both a hardware and software element. We are very flexible with your background technically, providing you have been involved with engineering / technology sectors. You will likely have an interest in IoT, software and technology. Length of tenure in an expanding SME is essential.
Further info on the mandate for this Business Development Director jobs role:
- A newly created Director role (sits alongside the MD and COO). You will have chance to have shares in the business and benefit from the profitability of the business. Future potential for MBO.
- Technology business which has fantastic IP, electronic design engineering capability, strong software intellect, fantastic people. Their future strategy as a business is to now diversify and capitalize on the increasing prevalence of LED screens, touch screens and display screens outside of their core sectors (and to more comprehensively exploit export opportunities globally)
- We need vision. Vision to spot a new market and application. Vision to say “if we do this with the product we could enter and be very successful in this market”)
- Because it’s an SME though, you can’t just have vision and set strategy – you need to then be able to execute that strategy and develop some sales & successes in that sector
- You will have very high levels of autonomy and the chance to be really entrepreneurial.
- The initial phase is almost similar to an MBA but in practice. You will have that buzz and excitement and freedom to assess markets and be very entrepreneurial and opportunistic
- Their product quality is very good. They are also pretty agile production wise so if your vision means they need to alter the product / volumes / production that’s very much within their capability
- They are strong on hardware but there are maybe more opportunities on the software side. We do NOT need overt overlap here in terms of sectors BUT you will likely be interested in new technology and how new trends in technology can be exploited for growth
- The growth might come from M&A activity. So if your commercial vision suggests a certain area and the best way to fully open it up is to look at an acquisition – that is something that would be explored.
- Any exposure to infotainment, displays, LEDs or B2B technologies that have a mix of hardware and software would provide the most amount of overlap BUT we are flexible on this front if someone has a demonstrable track record, vision, execution etc. (i.e. if you are an exceptional fit and are interested in technology)
- You will need to turn the vision into sales orders. Not quickly – they are patient and have money to significantly invest but you will need to have that confidence in your sales ability as well as the vision / strategy side
- Final point – someone that is externally/market facing who can ultimately deliver that vision that “if we take the product, do this with it, we would have a very good proposition / success”)
This Business Development Director or Sales Director jobs role is based in the East Midlands but we are flexible on your location. Ideally Midlands based commutable from Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Warwick, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Loughborough Eats Midlands or West Midlands
To apply please email your CV to Edward Smith