£35,000 - £38,000
5 months ago
This is a sales role, taking over a warm but dormant patch. Selling B2B to engineering and manufacturing businesses across Northamptonshire and surrounding areas. The Area Sales Manager will contact larger manufacturing and engineering businesses, offer the service, and create sales proposal opportunities for the business. The Area Sales Manager will sell a service-solution, so any experience in either a technical-sell or a service-sell will be well placed.
Salary & Package: £35-37,000
This job will suit:
- A person with an upbeat approach to making telephone calls to targeted customers in engineering and manufacturing, networking to build up contacts in large customers, and keeping in touch.
- A person able to travel to meet customers, sometimes involving unsociable hours, usually in Northamptonshire but sometimes further.
- A person with the ability to understand customer needs, and refer more advanced questions to colleagues.
- Some sales experience, ideally involving face to face sales, tele-sales and account management will be required.
- Most sales enquiries are repeat customers, cross-selling opportunities, rekindling dormant accounts or inbound enquiries. So whilst sales experience is important, it is more a case of being an organised, outgoing, proactive person.
- The person needs to understand and manage a sales-pipeline.
- Background in the engineering and manufacturing sector, and able to have initial discussion before involving engineering colleagues.
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- The company operates across Northamptonshire and surrounding areas providing bespoke training packages to manufacturing and engineering companies within UK.
- This is a successful and highly respected business with a long established history in the sector.
The job will involve:
- Making telephone calls to targeted customers in engineering and manufacturing, networking to build up contacts in large customers, and keeping in touch.
- Travel to meet customers, sometimes involving unsociable hours, usually in Northamptonshire but sometimes further.
- Contributing to the success of the business by being focussed on arranging sales opportunities and manage a sales-pipeline
This centrally located job is commutable from Northampton, Rugby, Corby, Kettering, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Bedford.
To apply please contact Jayne Baxter at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd