Salary TBC approx. Guide
about 1 month ago
- Exciting Applications Engineer jobs role Totnes Devon
- Very good job security : part of PLC / FTSE listed large company but you get to work for a business unit which is dynamic, friendly and very customer focused
- Engineer jobs role Devon, Exeter, Torquay, Paignton
Are you seeking Proposals Engineer, Project Engineer jobs, Applications Engineer jobs or project engineering jobs in the Devon area (commutable to Totnes)? Are you an engineer with some experience of handling RFQs, looking at costing of engineering projects and the feasibility of engineering projects? Do you have that mix of mechanical engineering and pro-active communication skills?
Applications Engineer further data from kick off meeting with the MD:
- Manage and take ownership of the Engineered Solutions RFQ and Project process, including the following:
- Review each request to determine if both technically and commercially viable.
- Ensure the required information has been captured to proceed, including application details, customer drawing review and any additional documentation such as specifications called up on drawings.
- Support purchasing with supplier communication and reviewing of quotations received to ensure specifications are correct such as materials, tolerances etc.
- Provide sales with accurate costing sheets and drawings where required.
- Working with a Junior Design Engineer to assist with the
design and developmentof CAD drawings using SolidWorks.
- Assist the Quality Department in support of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, testing, drawing control and standards management
Your background to be suitable for this Applications Engineer jobs role
- We want someone who can manage a project from that initial RFQ
- You will assess the feasibility and costing of the project
- You will look at price per hour labour and work with the purchasing team to look at sub contract costs
- There might be a bit of design but that’s for feasibility / application rather than designing new parts
- You will have mechanical engineering background ; able to understand that if a customer or supplier wants to change a material, what impact does this have etc.
- Ideally within 40 mins of Totnes Devon
- You will definitely need that SME mentality and be a customer focused engineer
- Loyalty is a core value, you will have demonstrated this with ‘length of tenure’ within an engineering SME (a stint of 5 + years in your recent career history)
- Salary TBC. Pension 6% from the business. BUPA. 3 x life insurance. 25 days hols + stat. Company Car.
This Applications Engineer jobs role is based near Totnes Devon. You may be located in the Totnes, Exeter, Torquay, Paignton sort of regions
To apply please contact Edward Smith