Stephen Brown Recruitment, Company Culture, Employee Engagement...
I meet a lot of athletes and leading sports people, with several close friends who have reached the pinnacle of their chosen sport. I am always asking them questions which I can use to help my business and my client’s businesses.
Learning from the most successful people in sport and applying it to business is nothing new but often there is a disjoint between what you hear from sports people and what happens in your office or factory.
So how do you apply the winning athlete mentality into your business?
1. Hire for COMPETENCE
2. Hire for ATTITUDE
3. Train for SKILLS
8. You become what you TOLERATE
9. Play people in their best POSITION
12. Continuously set GOALS
13. CELEBRATE every win
14. Build a culture of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY (“Accountability is what happens when personal responsibility runs out”)
15. Continuously recruit RAW TALENT to develop
16. Remove BLAME
19. Add experiential LEARNING
20. Hire people who want to be COACHED
24. MEASURE critical success factors
25. Improve key METRICS
26. Have a MISSION
27. Have a PURPOSE
28. Give your people the best TOOLS
29. Create PRIDE
30. Create a sense of BELONGING
31. Tell your STORIES
32. EAT together
Recruitment is only WHAT we do…Our ‘WHY’ is to Save the Work Souls of the people we place…Matching the best people to the best jobs is HOW we do it.