£40,000 to £45,000
5 months ago
- Management opportunity to lead a small team of Technicians within a calibration department.
- Days based position, Early Friday finish, market leading organisation.
- Would suit a detailed / technical person with prior team leading experience.
We are currently recruiting for a varied workshop management position that incorporates engineering / technical skills. As Workshop Manager, you will work alongside the Lab Manager to ensure the calibration department is working to the correct standards and targets. There is a technical element due to the nature of the product, however the Lab Manager does field the bulk of specialist knowledge required. We need someone with proven man management skills to ensure day to day activities are being performed correctly, whilst also having a good eye for detail (using Excel to spot trends and manage data).
Salary & Package:
- £40,000 to £45,000 basic as a guide.
- 25 days holiday (converted into hours)
- Auto enrolment pension scheme 5/6% contribution matched by Norbar
- Profit related bonus scheme paid twice a year
- Hours 8-5 Monday – Thursday / 8 -12:30 Friday – I think Mike said 7:30 start for our role??
- Staff canteen (Award winning)
This Workshop Manager job will suit:
- An experienced Team Leader or Manager who is comfortable managing a small team of Technicians within a laboratory / calibration environment.
- An engineering qualification/experience is needed. Ideally have both electrical and mechanical experience, but we can develop you in either area if you do have a general bias.
- Prior experience working within an engineering lab / calibration team would be ideal, however this is not essential.
- Good general technical / communication skills, using Excel, report writing, ensuring targets are achieved etc.
The Workshop Manager job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- A medium sized design, development and production business based in Banbury.
- Recently moved into a modern, state of the art facility which houses a full range of engineering & manufacturing process streams.
- Originally family owned but now part of a larger group – roughly 300 headcount. They are very culture driven and supportive of their staff, during the pandemic they have not made a single redundancy and have only furloughed employees that needed to shield, a very stable organisation.
The Workshop Manager job will involve:
- Working alongside the Laboratory Manager to ensure the calibration department is operating efficiently.
- Delegating daily activities to the Technicians. There are 13 Technicians that do vary in experience / skills, from labouring through to electronics / mechanical Technicians.
- Supporting the Sales Team / Internal departments with any technical queries relating to the calibration workshop.
- Updating documentation and reviewing technical data to ensure everything is correct.
This job is commutable from Banbury
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
“Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.”
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.