over 2 years ago
Quality Engineer, DE7, Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Varied Quality position with a good split between documentation and hands on activities. Position is primarily focused on supplier quality and improving standards / procedures within this area. Fantastic company culture who strive to be the best within their sector.
Salary & Package: Flexible salary to suit your level of experience. Days based role, hours of work are 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30am – 1:30pm on a Friday.
Opportunity to lead the quality processes internally. Scope to develop and learn more skills and practices within an international employer.
This job will suit:
- An experienced Quality Engineer who likes variance across a range of duties.
- Experience in supplier quality management and helping to improve processes.
- Come from a Quality Inspection background, capable of using calibration equipment such as Verniers, Micrometres etc. CMM experience is NOT essential but would be a good advantage.
The job will involve:
- Converting imperial measurements to metric and writing First Article Inspection Reports.
- Managing quality systems, in particular to ISO 9001 compliance.
- Calibrating tools for inspection purposes.
- CMM Programming and operating. Training can be provided for this aspect.
- Coordinating both internal and supplier audits.
- Occasionally visiting supplier sites, mostly to conduct audits. All suppliers are local to the site (within an hour so no overnight stays are required). The business envisages travel will likely be once every other month.
This job is commutable from Ilkeston, Derby, Nottingham, Heanor, Stapleford, Belper.
To apply please contact Joe Parker at Euro Projects Recruitment Ltd.
Visit the Euro Projects Recruitment website to search our latest permanent, contract and interim vacancies.
This job is posted by Euro Projects Recruitment, a recruitment consultancy specialising in engineering and manufacturing appointments from tool room to boardroom. We combine over 100 years of technical knowledge and recruitment expertise to introduce the best candidates to the best companies. We are passionate about your future and persistent in our efforts to secure you the right job.