£ Competitive Salary
about 2 years ago
This engineering job vacancy will suit a production engineering project engineer. The vacancy involved developing production engineering methods to increase the manufacturing volume of metal assemblies from prototype and batch runes to increased volumes. A degree in mechanical engineering, production engineering and the right mindset, or experience in CADCAM, 3D Printing Additive Manufacturing, metal assemblies, jigs and fixtures, semi-automated manufacturing equipment would all be a suitable background. This is a great company to be involved with. There are usually lots of exciting products and challenges for a motivated engineer to become a part of.
Working Environment, Opportunities and Rewards:
- Engineering led company, which is focused on delivering engineering excellence in high specification markets.
- The team is led by engineering directors, not accountants. The engineers in the company are a blend of hands on degree qualified engineers, and experienced highly skilled time served craft engineers. All the engineers are hands-on type of people.
- The company is investing in new equipment and systems.
- There are excellent opportunities to take ownership for engineering-product projects, manufacturing projects and machine-equipment projects.
- Excellent Career opportunities within this growing business.
The role will involve:
- Define and lead Production Engineering initiatives to take lower volume and prototype assemblies into medium volume production.
- Key activities will involve developing a variety of bespoke manufacturing process using easily available semi-automated and programmable equipment.
- Improving manufacturing processes using Takt Time and line balancing techniques.
- Working closely with highly capable Design, Engineering, Quality and Production teams.
- Ensure that new products are introduced into production successfully, and the operators have clear instructions.
- Work with machine operators to ensure that the manufacturing team have all items required for manufacture.
This role will suit:
- An ambitious person seeking an opportunity to learn and to develop their career.
- A bright and practical person who is happy to get stuck in and spend a lot of time on the shop floor.
- A degree qualified engineer with experience of working in developing Production lines from prototyping to production would be desirable.
- Any experience with metal products, assemblies, CNC logic controllers, manufacturing automation or component quality inspection is also an advantage.
This position is commutable from Oxford, Swindon, Witney, Didcot, Abingdon.
To apply, please contact Joe Parker.