£ Competitive Salary
7 months ago
Manufacturing business. Materials Manager / Logistics Manager jobs role with a £30m t/o 250 headcount business. Driving improvements to material flow via value stream mapping and MRP / ERP systems
Are you looking for Materials Manager / Logistics Manager / Supply Chain Manager jobs in the Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Leicester regions? Are you seeking a profitable engineering / manufacturing business where you can have a big impact?
Please note this is a manufacturing / engineering business so when we talk about logistics and materials management, it includes that interface with production (and there is some complexity when it comes to kitting and vale add before the product goes to the customer who are in the aerospace and precision engineering supply chains) . You will need to have strong planning experience, utilizing MRP / ERP systems within a manufacturing business to be suitable for this role.
The Materials Manager / Logistics Manager jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Newly created role. You will really be able to shine and make an impact
- The role will expand in time. Your prospects for growth and progression will be strong
- Due to the varied nature of the business, your job will be diverse, interesting and stimulating. No two days are the same!
This Materials Manager / Logistics Manager jobs role will suit:
- Someone with strong planning experience within the manufacturing / production / engineering sector
- You will need strong experience of MRP / ERP systems, enabling the best practice to be systemised for repeated success
- You are likely to have a very strong handle on OTIF. That is a key metric and one that you will have experience of positively influencing
- You may have been a Planning Manager, Demand Manager, Logistics Manager, Materials Manager, Inventory Manager or similar. Equally you may have been an Operations Manager but with a strong focus on the logistics and ‘getting product out of the door’
- Ideally strong experience of value stream mapping and change management
- Customer focused. Good commercial acumen so you are able to make good decisions on make vs buy and look at inventory and stock holding etc
- Track record of making practical improvements in that engineering SME context, whether that be implementing a new ERP / MRP system or driving lean / continuous improvement activities
- A Materials Manager / Supply Chain Manager who wants to make a successful business even more successful.
This Materials Manager / Logistics Manager / Supply Chain Manager jobs role is based near Coalville, commutable from Ashby, Loughborough, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham
To apply for this job, please contact Dawn