Salary TBC approx. Guide
21 days ago
Group Operations Director
- Group Operations Director jobs role. £100,000 - £120,000 + 30% bonus (approx. TBC)
- Global multi-site role driving lean, MRP / ERP, supply chain efficiencies across 8 SMEs (£5m to £20m t/o) : total £80m t/o
- Six Sigma lean improvements focused around supply chain operations , MRP / ERP systems
- Part of a FTSE 250 PLC but retains an agile, friendly, SME outlook on business
- Multi-site : you will be Group Operations Director for facilities near Bristol/Bath but then 5 or 6 European facilities (all SMEs so multi-site Ops Director jobs role)
- As a Group Operations Director, you will ideally have experience of multi-site operations, lean, value stream mapping and be accustomed to ‘pulling things together’ (post acquisition experience very useful!)
- Salary TBC but could be £100,000 - £120,000 + 30% bonus + car + medical etc.
Group Operations Director jobs role for a very profitable distributor of engineering components / distributor of industrial products (distributing a high number of engineering components / industrial products into rail, petrochemical, process industries, automotive, aerospace etc). This is high volume, high number of parts distribution so you will be passionate about driving improvements to supply chain, logistics, IT systems MRP / ERP and customer service (as opposed to technical innovation / engineering innovation or manufacturing).
Are you seeking Group Operations Director jobs or Ops Director jobs in the Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Swindon, Cheltenham, Reading, Oxford, Newbury, Witney, Trowbridge regions? You will need to be flexible with international travel.
This Group Operations Director jobs role will suit:
- An Operations Director, COO, Director of operations or General Manager who has multi-site experience within manufacturing, engineering, aerospace, industrial, automotive or wider technical sectors (whilst this business does little manufacturing, they are still technical products into technical sectors so you are likely to have worked in this type of world)
- An Operations Director who has a strong SME track record (helping multi-site operations drive improvements via lean, better IT systems, value stream mapping etc)
- The company value loyalty so you will ideally have demonstrated length of tenure (with stints of 5+ years in your last 3 Operations Director appointments or similar
- You will have strong lean experience (Six Sigma trained or similar). Multi-site lean essential.
- Must be happy to travel and able to navigate differences in cultures across Europe
- Able to influence without line management (often working with dotted line reports – demonstrating the WHY & influencing rather than just directing to drive changes, lean and efficiencies)
- This senior role would also suit a VP of Operations, General Manager, Business Unit Manager or Operations Manager who wants a wider remit and to work for a PLC which acquires profitable engineering SMEs
To apply please contact Edward Smith via email at Euro Projects Recruitment. Reference: ESOD
This Group Operations Director jobs role is commutable from Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Swindon, Cheltenham, Reading, Oxford, Newbury, Witney, Trowbridge
Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.