£ Competitive Salary
11 days ago
Manufacturing. Operations Director / Manufacturing Director / General Manager. £10m t/o 30 headcount manufacturing business (assembly). Part of a £100m + t/o group.
Brand new purpose built facility. NOT a turnaround situation – a stable, growing and profitable manufacturer. Loyal staff. Friendly and conscientious culture (NOT aggressive or KPI driven)
Are you seeking Operations Director jobs or General Manager jobs in the Walsall, Wolverhampton, West Bromwich, Dudley, Oldbury, Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock or West Midlands regions? Alternatively are you a Managing Director of an SME (sub £15m t/o manufacturer) with a manufacturing background?
Please note this is low to medium volume assembly. It’s not particularly complex manufacturing processes and is more mechanical / steel / timber / panels and sub-assemblies (so NOT electrical / electronics / software etc.)
You will ideally have exposure to working in expanding SMEs, have strong manufacturing experience and then also be commercially focused with some P&L exposure.
The Operations Director / General Manager jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Brand new purpose built facility (over 50,000 square feet).
- Fast expanding business. Brexit proof and recession proof – we can 100% deliver on stability, security and a fantastic company culture
- Low to medium volume manufacturing (so not Six Sigma but still a push for lean and CI).
- Evolution rather than revolution – you will be joining a successful, profitable manufacturing / engineering business
- Direct reports are Operations Manager, Purchasing, CAD Design, Sales Manager, Production Manager
This Ops Director jobs role will suit:
- An Operations Director or General Manager or Operations Manager who has a track record of improving engineering SMEs / manufacturing SMEs
- Alternatively you could be an MD or Business Unit Director (with a manufacturing background) who has that nice mix of manufacturing + commercial acumen (running a business with P&L responsibility)
- Experience in engineering / manufacturing SMEs with low to medium volume assembly and manufacture would be highly beneficial, giving that “wear a number of hats” experience.
- An Operations Manager / Operations Director / General Manager who wants to make a successful business even more successful
This Operations Director jobs role is based near Walsall, commutable from Walsall, Wolverhampton, West Bromwich, Dudley, Oldbury, Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock or West Midlands regions
Please note that if you are not contacted within the next ten days then your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. We thank you for taking the time to apply.